During the early 20th century, asbestos was known to be one of the most popular materials. This material was widely used in the construction of structures. However, after a ton of research from experts, this material has now become a danger for the lives of many. Asbestos is a material that can cause serious health issues after it enters the lungs. Here’s brief information on how asbestos gets exposed.
- At your Home –The popularity of asbestos in the early days made it possible for the construction of traditional homes. Moreover, this material was also used for the manufacturing of household products too. The problem today though is that this material is present in older houses is a problem for those living in. The problem becomes more dangerous during the time of some sort of repair or renovation of the house where the chances of getting disturbed and mixing with the atmosphere are more. Places where asbestos is present include tiles, ceiling, roof, boilers, etc. Therefore, it is important not to touch it and only get it removed from a professional.
- At your Workplace –Chances of asbestos at your workplace is also high since it can cause mesothelioma which is a lung-related disease. At the time of the construction of an official building, the risk is also thereof being exposed to asbestos. Due to this very reason, it is important to wear every protective gear such as masks, gloves, boots, etc, is important. The people who are at risk include firefighters, boilermakers, painters, plumbers, mechanics, welders, etc.
Consider doing asbestos testing in Newcastle to detect any presence of this material from a professional.