Tag: twin city tour
Traveling to the Visayas region of the Philippines will never be complete without having a twin city tour; Cebu and Lapu-Lapu City Tour adventure. Cebu has so many historical sites and tourists' attractions that would totally attract a lot of tourists and locals alike. While in Lapu-Lapu City, there may be some sites that are rich with history, but most of them are world class resorts, Lapu-Lapu City was even named as the Historical Resort City with all the resorts and historical sites.
- Mactan Shrine – The Mactan Shrine is located in Mactan Island. It is dedicated in honor of Lapu-Lapu, Ferdinand Magellan, and the Battle of Mactan that was happened during 1521.
- 10 Thousand Roses and Café – It is located at the end of Cordova Tourism Center, just right next to Lantaw Floating Restaurant. It is owned by Miguel Cho, an interior designer. His intention in putting up the cafe is to create a romantic ambience that would be perfect for couples, a place precise for a beginning of a happily ever after.
- Guitar Factory – One of the remarkable guitar-makers in Cebu is the Alegre Guitar Factory. The shop is owned and managed by Fernando M. Alegre. It is by far the most impressive-looking guitar factory in Abuno, Lapu-Lapu City. Its world-class guitars never cease to impress seasoned guitarists and musicians.
- Lantaw Floating Native Restaurant – is conveniently located at Day-as Cordova, Mactan Cebu, Philippines. Perfect place to eat for those who loves swimming and the smell of the sea breeze with the seaside ambiance it has.
- Fort San Pedro – it is a military defense structure built by the Spanish under the command of Miguel López de Legazpi, first governor of the Captaincy General of the Philippines. It is located in the area now called Plaza Indepedencia, in the pier area of the city.
- Magellan’s Cross – An octagonal building decorated with murals containing a large wooden cross that commemorates the Portuguese conquistador Ferdinand Magellan who planted a wooden cross upon converting the original inhabitants to Christianity.
- Sirao Flower Farm – Sirao Flower Farm or also known as “Mini-Amsterdam” of Cebu is situated in a mountain barangay of Cebu City. A huge part of the farm is filled mostly with brightly colored Celosia flowers which gives an incredible floral display along with the various flowering plants in the area.
- Sky Experience Adventure (Crown Regency) – Adventure seekers may head to the top floor to experience a breathtaking view of this modern city. You may also opt to join in the extreme rides that literally puts you on the edge of the city, or you may walk around the edge of the building (don't worry, safety cables are attached) to experience this once in a lifetime experience. All of these you can enjoy for a small fee.
- Taoist Temple – is a Taoist temple located in Beverly Hills Subdivision of Cebu City, Philippines. The temple is built by Cebu's substantial Chinese community in 1972.
- Temple of Leah – This temple was built in 2012 as a symbol of the undying and unconditional love of Teodorico Soriano Adarna to his wife Leah for 53 years.
- TOPS – located at Brgy. Malubog, Busay, Cebu City which offers a fascinating panoramic view of Cebu City and of its neighboring islands, Mactan and Olango. Perfect time to visit is during night time, the view is so stunning and beautiful.
- Basilica del Santo Niño – The Basílica Minore del Santo Niño de Cebú commonly known as the Santo Niño Basilica, is a minor basilica in Cebu City in the Philippines that was founded in the 1565.
Make sure you include most of the places here on your twin city tour adventure! You will totally feel refreshed and you will absolutely not regret on spending your time and money on going to these places while you’re in Cebu City or Lapu-Lapu City!
Twin City tour is a famous tour package that is being offered by several tour operators/agencies in the City so if you ever want to avail the said tour package, make sure you are booking for it from a certified and a professional tour agency.